By the year 2015, the historic Emanuel Lutheran Church, founded in 1874, will reach a new level of Christian fellowship and spiritual engagement based upon our faith-committed congregation, inspiring pastoral leadership and worship experience, through a strong multi-genterational church family and a tradition of outreach to others.
Our shared vision will have resulted in:
- a strenthened youth program, one expanded to include our pre-teens and our teenagers
- more opportunites to build relationships with Christ and fellow believers through spiritual and social activities throughout the week
- expanded worship opportunities designed to meet the needs and desires for an alternative time and style of worship
- even greater concern for the maintenance and accessibility of church property
- a more united body of faith and presence among the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) parishes in Mason county.
Dedicated commitment to achieving our shared vision will have caused our church to grow because of a renewed emphases on music, maintaining current members, reaching out to attract both young and new families and those who are seeking a loving Chirstian community of faith. With many parishioners providing leadership in a participatory organizational culture, we will have become, by God’s full grace and mercy, what Emanuel is intended to be.